These scholarships are available to youth between grades 11-12. Preference will be given to one (1) Canadian Women’s Heart Health Alliance Youth Advocate Scholarship (grades 11-12) within each province and territory across Canada and encourage people of diverse backgrounds to apply. Each winner will be awarded $500. A total of 10 scholarships are available to offer youth an opportunity to further their educational goals.
Applicants wishing to obtain scholarship funding for the 2023 Wear Red Canada Campaign should complete and submit the online application form below by January 13, 2023.
Scholarship recipients will be announced at the Wear Red Canada national address on February 13, 2023.
- Applications open: November 1, 2022
- Application deadline: January 13, 2023 at 5:00pm EST
- Applicants are notified via email: January 27, 2023
The recipient must be:
- A student in grades 11-12
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Aiming to pursue a post secondary certificate, diploma or degree
- The earliest that an Applicant can apply for the Canadian Women’s Youth Advocate Scholarship is on November 1, 2022.
- The Applicant would qualify for a Canadian Women’s Youth Advocate Scholarship between grades 11-12.
- Applicant must complete the online application form and upload the following documents:
- 1-page cover letter and resume
- At least one (1) letter of support
- Reference Letter Criteria:
- References must not be written by a family member or relative
- Must state how they know the Applicant and how long
- Reference must have knowledge of Applicant’s activities and experiences
- High resolution photo of the Applicant, preferably wearing red.
Selection of scholarship recipients
The Canadian Women’s Heart Health Alliance Scholarship Selection Committee will select up to 10 scholarship winners. All decisions are final.
Selection is based on the following ( /100):
- Completion of the online application (considering content, completeness, neatness & organization, and align with the scholarship objective to enhance awareness and stimulate new interest in the field of women’s cardiovascular health within their community and network - 10%)
- 1-page cover letter (reflection of character, values, involvement, committed to their education, career goals - 40%)
- Applicant’s community service and extracurricular involvement in sports teams or clubs (leadership in organizing or assistance with events/fundraisers or involvement with different organizations, clubs, etc. - 30%)
- At least one support letter (character reference, school, work or other applicable activities - 20%)
Please note that only the scholarship winners will be notified of the scholarship awards.
The winners will receive
- Complimentary virtual registration for 2023 Canadian Women’s Heart Health Summit in April, 2023.
- Letter of recognition from the Canadian Women's Heart Health Alliance.
- Award of $500.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.